• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'01 500 XC SP track question

riverbasher

The sled originally comes with a 121" x 15 with .91 lugs. How tall can I go? I was looking at going to 1.25 lugs but want to make sure I can do this without doing major modifications. I tried doing a search on this but couldn't find much. The current track has studs but I want to get away from that so I can run some of the paved trails near Brainerd. Thanks

Jeremy

I agree... 1.25 should not be a problem. I did a long track conversion on a 95 XLT SP and went with a 1.5" lug. BUT... It's pretty tight in there and I have to keep an eye on the track tension. If it get's really loose, it will hit the tunnel mounted cooler. Anything over 1.5" will require either new drive wheels or a rolled chaincase.