• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Superior Nat'l Forest new regs

wooly1

I've learned that some trails we used to access deer stands we can no longer run ATVs. Have the rules changed on logging trails and ATV usage in the Buyck and west end Echo trail area? confused.gif

Anyone been in that area this fall or summer?

Thanks for your replies.

There's a very good possibility of the trails you once used during deer season are closed for good. This is the exact reason why hunters who use ATVs for transportation during hunting season need to step up and voice their concerns.

Now, if this doesn't matter to you, that's Ok, too. But, I enjoy combining two recreations and follow the regulations when doing so.

Wooly, here's the new Superior Forest OHV regulations.

http://www.superiornationalforest.org/recreation/offroad/

Thanks Dave,

That is unfortunate that we lose out on low to no impact driving areas. The logging roads we were using will take years before the logging trucks impact are gone but we can't drive an ATV down those same roads.

Thanks Jason,

It is a call we should all make. The impact of ATVs in the areas I am talking about would be low to no impact.

Sensitive wetlands and other "at risk" areas should be avoided by responsible ATVers but this shut down of all trails is ludicrous.