• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Gopher Hockey

buzzsaw

Heres what Niagara's head coach had to say after Friday nights game:

Quote:

For Niagara, Jeff Van Nynatten made 48 saves, several of the spectacular variety, especially early on before the Gophers took full control of the matchup.

"Jeff, he's used to it," said Niagara head coach Dave Burkholder. "He probably prefers to be overworked."

Despite Van Nynatten, though, the Purple Eagles could not find an answer for the Gophers at either end of the ice.

"Their defensemen, I thought they were the difference in the game," said Burkholder, citing Minnesota's transition scoring. "That's the best team we've seen — not even close.

They have played highly ranked Vermont, Cornell and New Hampshire (who is falling) as well as Bemidji state..... hmmmm, might it give the Gophers big heads for tonights matchup or will "the Don" keep da boys in check... tune in!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like Donnie did his job as the 7 - 1 number the Gophers did on the Purple Eagles showed. Wasn't able to watch the game as we had committments arranged by the social director and football playoffs on the screen at the restaurant. mad.gif Still, it had to be better than the women's basketball results at LSU or the men's snoozer in the Barn against Northworstern that precipitated another of my patented power naps. At least this hockey team has managed to find a way to win the games they're supposed to after finals break, something that isn't always the case. Now the fun begins and we get to see what they're really made of! grin.gif

Attended the second hockey game of my life, Gophers vs. Niagra Saturday night. My first was an Indianapolis Ice (minor league)game in Indy about 6 yeras ago. All I can say is that my wife and I had a really good time, and were very impressed by the arena, its fans, and the play of the guys on the ice. I am just a casual hockey fan, watching the wild on TV and know nothing of the startegies or insides of hockey, but hats off to the Gophers and their squad.

As a rookie I have a question. Is it difficult to obtain a pair of tickets for single Gopher games? And what would I expect to pay?

Stand out in front of Marriucci before a game and there will always be scalpers... I usually pay face value or a little more. Of course when we play ND or Wisconsin it's a little tougher ticket. You can always walk in the doors and get standing room only until they sell out and look for seats to sit in as some people just won't show up.