• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tent sites on decent fishing lake around Aitkin/Duluth/Grand Rapids?

tjwierz2

I am looking for a campground with tent sites and preferably showers, on a decent fishing lake near Aitkin, Grand Rapids, or Duluth. I would like the lake to be bigger than 300 acres, but smaller than 5000 acres.

Im just looking for a smaller lake, with a nice campground with decent fishing for walleyes/pike/bass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whiteface Reservoir north of Duluth is a good choice. Pretty nice campground on the north end off of Hwy 16. I believe it is under 6000 acres. Not sure about the showers, but has a nice beach area to get "washed up" while you swim.

SeaBass. There is no place to rent a boat on Whiteface. I'm not sure if there is a place in Duluth that even rents out boats. Maybe places for canoe rental. Fish Lake out of Duluth would be a good place also. Two or three places on the lake with rentals. Good luck, Junky..........

------------------
Definition of a fishing guide: A fishing guide is just a fishing junky who takes others with him to support his habit.

Lots of places by Winni
I know the 3rd river landing has tent camping and facilities. Try the forest service for maps. There are literly 100;s to choose from around this area

It might be a little farther than you wish to go, but Sawbill Campground up the Sawbill trail is a super place. The walleyefishing can be superb. There is a short 3 or 4 lake canoe trip you can take from there also. They have showers and a store where you can get whatever you need. Be careful though, they are not cheap. The campground itself is beautiful. Large white pines, private campspots, wildlife up the wazoo. There are great horned owls that nest there and they will sing to you in the evenings. Beautiful, eh? Be sure to take your camera as there are moose, eagles, on and on ........ Have a great time. SUMMERZOFF