• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bassman Tourney Lake Minnetonka

It was a beautiful day on Lake Minnetonka. Well, the scenery was fantastic--the fishing however, left a little to be desired Saturday. For a few of the guys it was a tough day. For some of us it was a fantastic day for numbers, but not for size. For two of the guys it was pure Minnetonka with two bags right at 20lbs. Congratulations to Kevin & Keith who weighed in a great bag of 20lbs even. Congrats also to Gary for his bag of 19lbs, 4oz that included two beautiful 4 lb smallmouth. Most of the fish were caught on outside weedlines, but for the most part the lures used remained secret. You can bet however that plastics and jigs made up the greater part of the productive lures used. Dad & I caught at least 80 fish for the day, but failed to put a single fish bigger than 2.5lbs in the box. We threw mostly Outkast Piggs and Stick worms in water 3-6ft deep on the milfoil edge. Such is tournament fishing however, and no matter what--it beats being at work.
http://www.bassmanfishing.com/1st%20place%2071004.jpg
http://www.bassmanfishing.com/2nd%20place%2071004.jpg

Good fishing to all, and to all a good fight!

Yeah Tom it was a great day for fishing execpt for the fish not being where we needed them. Congrats to Keith and Kevin on the win. Also the Smallies that Gary caught were awesome. I never in my life have caught them on Tonka.

See ya on Prior!

Matt (Brian Jung's son)

[This message has been edited by bassman186 (edited 07-13-2004).]