• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This is my first post to the Tournament talk forum. I don't usually see alot about bass tournaments, so I thought I would start to share how we have been doing in ours. We fished our fourth tournament for the year on Saturday at Lake Sarah. It was an awesome day for a tournament and the bags weighed in showed it. Our winning weight was 20lbs, 9oz. We had a total of 9 bags that were over 15lbs, and five of those were over 17lbs. Not bad for 5 fish limits. Our piggy of the day was a 5lb, 4oz Lake Sarah sweetie. Pictures of the top two catches can be seen at bassmanfishing.com I am going to try to start posting some of the pics here, but first I have to figure out how.
1st%20place%206-26-04.jpg
Paul and David Sladek with 20lbs, 9oz.
2nd%20Place%206-26-04.jpg
Luke Christensen and Todd Seeger with 19lbs, 3oz & Big Bass 5lbs, 4oz.
Good Fishing to all, and to all a good fight!

[This message has been edited by Tom Wilson (edited 06-29-2004).]

Tom,
I saw some of your bass on the Metro Forum that you posted, you sure can catch em! smile.gif Nice fish!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Thanks Matt

I've worked hard at it for years, as I'm sure that most guys on this site have. Days like that are not to frequent, so we should all cherish them. It takes a certain amount of skill to catch fish, but to catch 9 fish in one day that weigh over 5lbs, is takes quite a bit of luck as well. We also caught 14 that were over 4lbs, and the number of twos and threes I lost count of. The Bass God shined on us Sunday.
Thanks for the compliment.

Thats definitely a good day Tom. Congrats and good luck with the rest of the tournament!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Great PIC's Tom! I am on the water 4 days a week and the Bass Gods have been in my corner once or twice but never like that!

I have club tourney on Sara in a couple of weeks. Can you give any pointers? ...Not asking for spots...just pointers. Deep? Slop? Slow? Cranks? etc?

If you dont care to post the pointers, alternatively I can be emailed @ tubejigger@hotmail

Thanks!

Tube,
We caught all of our fish on the outside weedlines in about 3-5ft of water. We were fishing soft plastics texas rigged and fishing super slow. Everyone fished pretty slow, but there was also a good frog bite that morning. The guys that won fished in water 10-14 ft deep. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fished water the same as we did. the top 5 teams were all 17lbs plus. Good luck
The only hint I can give you is fish the ends or the middle.

[This message has been edited by Tom Wilson (edited 06-29-2004).]

geez, nice coverage! good pics this is better coverage than you get from almost any tournament other than the very biggest BASS FLW

I hope you'll keep us posted on the future tournaments.

man, I'd like to catch one a them big girls 3.5 is my best this year