• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone know of any Bass tournaments in this area for the coming season? I know there is always one or two on lake washington and one on German Jefferson chain and there used to be one on Sheilds. Anyone have any information on these?

There is a small circuit in that area for the coming season. You should be able to find some info at one of the local tackle shops. I believe a Scott Zabinski runs it. They are fishing Madison Lake, Shields Lake, Washington/Stella Lakes and Lura Lake. Scott also runs a couple of tournaments out of Westwood access on Lake Washington. There are some pretty good competitors out that direction so do your homework.

Fishing in the area was VERY GOOD! My partner and I had some nice bags of fish. Had some mechanical failures away from home. I spun a hub 45 miles from Lacrosse in one event, and I had the wind blow me off Lake Winnebago in Wisconsin. It was one thing after another. Too much donating to the winner. This year will be another year however and hope to make the All-American.

Glad to hear you at least did well around here. I had a few problems myself....spun a hub up at Minnetonka in the traffic on 41...that was a blast and then up on Whitefish with the club I blew my motor up way down on the west side by hay lake...we put in at crosslake....long ride on the trolling motor in the wind....So ya, this is another year and it can't get much worse than that....are you going to fishing some of these local tournies? The club is changing fast, we have over 25 members now and most of them are new faces. I am the president this year and we are having some growing pain, ever try to schedule around 25 guys...lmao Hope to see you on the water!!!
Bob

hey bob, Where does your club fish out of? Are you B.a.s.s. sanctioned? I fish the Ultimate bass circut, and the compition has gotten to the point where you can`t miss a day on the water or your out of the money. It`s a lot of fun. I have always been interested in getting in a B.a.s.s. sanctioned club and try to advance through the state tourny and so on. Oh, we fish the Mankato area for the most part and I am not sure there are any openings for the 2004 season. There are usually a bunch of guy`s wanting to get in every year. We only allow 30 boats to fish the four lakes and are all pre paid in advance to ensure we all fish the four tourny`s. thanx Flip

[This message has been edited by Flipnripem (edited 03-10-2004).]

Hey flip......we are out of Prior Lake and fish different lakes every year. We are a BASS sactioned club. It is a group of very good hooks. We meet at Captain Jacks on Prior Lake the first monday of each month. I don't know if I can post this but check out our new web site...it is still under construction but it is starting to look good. priorlakehooksetters.com

Does anyone have any feelings on how a local type circuit may do around the Mankato area. I have always had interest in starting a series so that those of us down here would not have to drive all over the state to fish when we have some great lakes in our back yards. How many boats would this type of thing draw? I was thinking a team format for about $100.00 a boat and a limit of 40 boats. Fishing water such as Washington, Jefferson, Sheilds, Tetonka, Madison....just a thought...don't know if it would be put together for this season but if the interest is there I would certainly get it done for next year!!!

hey bob, as much as I want to get in on the action my calendar is full this summer. I checked out your site and is a good one. I saw you have a tourny on jefferson this summer. Have you fished it before? We have a tourny in june on a lake closer to you and am trying to locate some information on a new lake. If you would like to swap some info. Here is my E-mail. [email protected]. Thanx. Flip

Looks like summer in Mankato area is shaping up as follows:

Gabby's Spring Classic: Lake Washington, June 5. $130 per team.

Gabby's Fall Classic: Lake Washington, Aug. 28 $130 per team.

Thursday Night Tournaments($10 per person):
Jun 10, 6-9pm Lake Francis
Jun 24,6-9pm Lake Washington
Jul 8, 6-9pm Cedar
Jul 22, 6-9pm Lake Washington
Aug 5, 6-8:30pm West Jefferson (only)
Aug 19, 6-8pm Madison
Sep 2, 6-8pm German (only)
Sep 16, 6-8pm Big/Midddle Jefferson (only)
Sep 30, 6-8pm Lake Washington

Anyone can get into the Thurs. night tournaments. Show up at least 15 min prior to start and pay to fish. Weigh 5 bass(12") either individually ($10) or two person team($20, five fish limit either way.

Hey bob, I attempted to send you a scan of the entry form for gabby`s thursday nighters. I am not sure if I did it right or not. I did send you mail yesterday. Did you get it? Flip

[This message has been edited by Flipnripem (edited 03-18-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Flipnripem (edited 03-18-2004).]

Flip,

I have to admit I am a bit curious about Jefferson. I did not get you e-mail....I would like to see it though..lol...can you try it again? My e-mail is [email protected] There are two underscores between hey and bob if that helps. Do you have a phone number for these Gabby's tournements?

Thanks Bob

Southern Minnesota has some of the best bass fishing water in the state. Lake Jefferson is an excellent fishery in terms of trophy potential. I have caught 3 bass over six pounds while fishing Minnesota waters and two of them have come from jefferson. My biggest last year went 6lb. 14 oz., just a hair under 7. She was released in excellent condition.