• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Action On The River?

Looking for some tournament reports coming from thee "Ole Muddy". I know that there should have been some events by now. Anyone can brag or cry about how they did.

How about any crappie tournaments out there?

PoleBender

Hey Tom there's a crappie tournament on Clearwater Lake by Annandale on May 3rd. Call B Js bait and tackle. Sorry i dont have their number.

The Minnesota Tournament Trail opened there season in Red Wing this weekend. The weather was nice and the fishing was a little tough on Saturday and better on Sunday.

Adam Adler and I took 9th on Saturday and 2nd on Sunday. It was a no cull tournament and we ended up throwing away to many keeper fish on Saturday AM in hopes of a big weight. Sunday was a different story as we had our 6 fish by 8:30 AM, weighed in at 9:06 and were done for the day. It was just one of those days every tournament fisherman hopes for, but never seem to happen. I was a nice start to the MN Tournament Trail season.

We also fished the WWA two weekends ago and boated nice fish each day but unfortuately a 3lb average wasn't enough to cash a check. Some real nice prespawn females were brought in that weekend and that is what it took to cash a check.

We will be back down in Red Wing the weekend of the 25th and 26th fishing the MTT, but the Lake Pepin Open is also that weekend. Both of these events are RCL Championship Qualifiers.

Oh, on a side note, I did land a Flathead that was between 60-65lbs on Sunday. It took a half hour but it was worth it. WE brought it in to the weigh station immediately but the scale only went to 50 lbs. A few pictures and she was released. I have never seen such a creature. Truely and impressive fish.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I just posted this in the panfish forum but we were using Green/Chartuese Scenic Tackle Jigs, in 3/8 ounce. We got two fish with plastics but the majority came on the plain jig/minnow combinations. We mainly worked the sand flats in 10-14 ft. We did get fish shallower and deeper though.

We did get 5 fish over 6lbs prefishing pitching the same Green/Chartruese Scenic Tackle jigs shallow. But, we were using the 1/16 ounce jigs then. The water is warming up fast now. I would imagine the majority of the spawn will be over by the end of the week. Hope this helps.

I am working on getting some weekend pictures up on our web site. Including the big cat-Hopefully soon.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com