• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading to Clear

TM and I are going to give Clear a shot tomorrow morning. Quick day trip to see what happens, back off tomorrow night. Anyone have an idea of where/what to try?

Will report back next week on the results, and with luck, some pics.

Mike

Hey Camper....

MR and I went to Clear on Sat.

One word for you...BULLHEADS

Drifted/Trolled crawlers and leeches over reefs. The Bait store guy told us that since we were in a boat, the bullheads wouldnt be to bad. Well, they were everywhere. I did manage to have walleye on the line but he got off boatside.

Billys Reef, Rock piles on North shore were the popular areas. Lindy rigs with crawlers, leeches. I would maybe think of pulling cranks along the north shore unless the bullheads stop biting in Aug.

No follows or Musky raised. No little snake northern either.

Good time had by both of us, but I think we may head to Spirit in the Fall instead.

Travis

Yep, TM has it right! Was great time, but not a lot of success as far as gamefish. I am heading to the Brown's Snyder's and Blue area south of Sioux City this week, maybe will have better luck. Possibly, hit something for my 9yr old to have some fun with.

Mike

mrkastni
I'am going to be down to Snyders this week end.I'll be camping with the wife & grandaughter.I'll have a maron & gray Smoker Craft boat if I'am on the water or will have an Excel camper5th wheel if not on the water. Stop by & say hi if you have time. Good Luck & catch the big one for the little guy. Jack

Sounds good Jack! I will make it a point to swing by! I'll be pulling a white Blue-fin/Merc behind a Green Tahoe.

I look forward to meeting you, maybe the fish will cooperate too!

Mike