• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sugema

We fished Sugema all last weekend up until Tuesday morning. We had to completely change the way we fish this lake because the shallower areas were so choked with weeds. At first I was really bummed out, but then we started fishing deep water humps and sunken timber and started to catch some big crappies (12"-14"). They weren't hitting like they had in years past, but that could have been all the weather fronts that went through. All in all I would say 5 of us in two boats caught about 100 crappies over the 4 days we fished along with some bass, bluegills, and a few nice walleyes. The best action seemed to be from about 7 p.m. until dark. We used 1/16 oz jigs with minnows in various colors.

I hope the DNR can figure out a way to control the weed problem before it gets too bad.

Fishinglund