• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well I usually do not post on this sight. I do read it in the spring. I sure hope the people fishing in Iowa, realize and appreciate the quality fishery they have in Okoboji. We just finished 2 tournaments down there and had a great time. It is a great lake to fish and the people are top notch. Every year myself and a couple of other teams look forward to spending some time on this lake and in the area. What a great area.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

Thanks for the post. Hey I assume you were fishing bass tourney? If so, did you have good luck? A buddy and I are heading that way tomorrow thought I'd check to see if you tried spirit for smallmouth at all and if you were willing to share any pointers.

thanks
bcon

I also believe this is a great fishery. One drawback though, from a fisherman's point-of-view, in the summer it is over-run by pleasure boaters and skiiers and what ever else you can think of. Not that this is a bad thing, it generates cash flow for the area. I personally like Big Spirit just for the fact that it is less crowded and I seem to have better luck on this lake. Hope everyone has a good time this weekend and that I catch the tagged walleye!!! haha...good luck to all

We fished 2 tournys back to back. All on the chain, none on spirit. Did well on the first and never had a weigh fish on the second, caught 31 fish on the second but not one hit the magic 15" mark. On the first we had one smallie( rocks and a football head jig, yamamoto hula grub. All the rest where large-mouth, skipping docks.
Did not hit the canals.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

fished the canals today 8:30-4:00. put 35-45 bass in the boat, 6-7 were in 15-17 inch range. Was a great day, only trailer in the parking lot on Emerson bay. bitsy jig blue/black with a zoom flippin blue super chunk.
bcon

So how was everyone elses luck there this past weekend?

We went over to the lakes for the opener but didn't fare very well. We caught one nice eye that was about 20" and a couple others that were keepers (just over 14"), but other than that all we caught were a few northerns (one was around 7lbs) and a few white bass. I think if a guy would hit Spirit as the sun was coming up he'd have better luck, but we wasted that part of the day trolling down on East Okoboji without any luck.

Any other reports?

------------------
Wade Huisman

Fished Big Spirit again last Saturday from 5am till 4pm. Caught a bunch of fish. Walleyes, northern, bass, and muskies. Took home a 20", 17", and a 15" walleye for eatin'. Had a blast, and the weather was awesome. If I hadn't been so tired i woulda stayed till dark.

------------------
Wade Huisman

We were on Spirit on sat, too. We were trying to catch smallies. Only managed a bunch of small largemouths. We saw all the walleye fisherman catching them left and right. We started trolling cranks and were busy all day. Most of the walleyes were small. Got lucky and caught a nice smallie, a big northern, and a small muskie to boot. Did I hear right that the smallmouth bite better in April? It was a great day. On the water from 8:30 to 8:30. My sister-in-law even brought us a bag of McDonalds chow to the dock. What a woman!