• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Sioux/Rock

Just wondering if any of you fish the Big Sioux or the Rock rivers in northwest Iowa. I am originally from that area and will be coming back in a couple weeks to see the parents.

Just wondering how the catfishing has been and if there is any water in the rivers. Last time I was there, they were very low.

I live in Rock Rapids, right on the Rock River, and the Rock is awfully low right now. It's been that way for at least the last couple weeks too, so I don't think there's much in the way of bigger fish up here.

Of course, I never fish cats, only walleye ( I caught one in the Rock last week), northern, & bass. Earlier this summer, like mid-June or so, a guy was in the paper with a 43lb cat he caught out of the Rock right in Island Park here in town.

Thats about all I can tell ya. I haven't fished the Sioux for a couple years. Drop me an email if you got any more q's ([email protected]).

------------------
Wade

Thanks for the info. I haven't been back there for a year and the last time there was barely a trickle of water coming through. I was hoping there was more water this year. I will be fishing a little farther south than you where the two rivers come together.