• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

silver lake

I have been told by several different sources that there were people out on Silver last weekend with around three inches of ice. If that is the case this weekend it should be safe enough for me. Trumbell and Elk also may be worth exploring out on.

Mr. M,
I am a fellow NW Iowan, and I was wondering if you have had success on Silver in the winter. It can be a great lake in the summer, but have heard mixed reports about hard water fishing. What are your thoughts and experiences?
Also do you fish Trumbell often? I have always wanted to go over there, but never find the time, plus I heard last year they were worried about it icing out. What is the word on that lake?

I usually stick with fishing on Spirit and West Okoboji, but I would really like to expand my territory. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Keep those rods bending
Jason

jps--
I am also from Sanborn, but I am at school in Decorah, right now. What is your name? This is a small world. No I was thinking over Tgiving, it did sound like there were guys getting out on Anglers Bay. I wouldn't have trusted it. We should hook up over Xmas for some fishing. Get back to me.

Jason Freed

Walleye 1
I've been up to Silver on several trip with not a great deal of luck. The perch we did catch were pretty small and took alot of sorting. I did well on Trumbell last year. I try to get away from the large groups of people. Seems to me that lots of people moving around really spooks the fish. The lake is only about 4 to 5 feet deep. Think I am going to stay around Cedar Falls this weekend and fish Pine Lake.

Hi Jason,Now I know who I'm yaking at.I'm kinda an old duffer. Graduated with your wife's grandad.Maurice Gene Getting! We have always kidded each other about our names.Put your e-mail address on your profile. Better not get to carried here! jps Jerry Scheerhoorn See you folks at morning coffee when I do get to town. [email protected]

------------------

This is great that I know who I am talking to now. My email address is [email protected]. Drop me a line and we can talk some fishing. Have you been out at all this week? The ice should be getting thick enough.

Talk to you soon,
Jason

Mr. M,
thanks for the info. Your report is quite accurate with the others that I have heard about Silver. There are some hog walleyes in there!!