• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shed hunting yet?

Anyone been shed hunting yet?? The last week of muzzleloading around Bemidji had guys trying to drag their buck out only to have the antlers come off in their hands. I found one set of an 8 pointer in Jan. Its a good excuse to get out and start your scouting! Take a kid when you go!!

Lakevet

Get out there now!! Not a better time to stretch the winter legs and have a nice walk in the woods. Especially with kids. I found a shed at the end of Dec. and have seen a buck behind the house a week ago still with his rack (small 1 1/2 old 8 point). Majority of antlers should be shed, trick is to find an area that the deer may have been concentrated in the winter months. This may have not occured as much this winter with the mild weather. Corn foodplots, evergreen thickets, edges of swamps have all been good areas for me.