• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hair rigs

There's good info there, but if you want to learn how to tie your own hairs just surf the web for some of the carp sites originating from the United Kingdom. There are several with diagrams showing how to tie a variety of rigs using a hair.

I'm a beginner but some of the mysteries I've worked out this summer by trial and error and with the help of guys on this page:

If you use field corn, soaked overnight and boiled to soften it you will keep your bait on your hook longer.

A large sewing needle with a notch cut in the eye makes a great bait needle.

Lock the rod in a rod holder and let the fish set the hook itself. Make sure it's well anchored.

If the length of line between your hair and the main line is more then 36" the hooking percentage goes way down.

I need a bigger landing net.

I never really thought this would work but tried anyway. I'm really glad I did.