• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pics of fish caught on Friday

Natalie and I went out on friday. Beautiful weather.

Here is a nice one we caught ...

3.jpg

another shot of it

4.jpg

But, I hooked into a gargantuan one 3-4X the size of this one. I was looking the washout area around the pillar and I thought "hmm that looks like a big log". But, NO, it wasn't a log. it was a monster sucker. I had been scaring away the carp/suckers with my setup (2 shiny silver weight and a hook on a brass snap swivel). So I tied the hook directly to my line and removed the weights. Put on a 1/3 of a worm and let the air carry it down lightly onto the water. I notice my line going out and I pulled back with some tension and I HAD HIM! Of course the problem is as you see in the pics is that we are 20 some foot above the water level. So after playing him out for about 5 min, he's tired and not struggling as much. I've got power pro braided line on so I don't think that is a problem. But how to get him out? So I finally decide to pull him straight up like I did for the smaller one in the photo. I get him about 3 foot out of the water and HE BENDS MY HOOK HE IS SO BIG. He had to have been (no fisherman's joke) 30 lbs. My daughter was there and 2 guys on the other side of the river watching. So the hook bends and he falls back and swims away.

I even debated about whether to take a pic while i had his head lifted out of the water just to prove it in case this happened. But alas, I didn't. Exciting day.