• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Regulations

Yeah. That is total talk. Doing that if nothing else makes a mess for the parks department to clean up as well frown.gif. I know there are still a number of people with that mentality, but it is starting to change... slowly...

There are however no limits to what you can keep. Fishing for carp is continuos, and gives a lot of us something to do after Ice out. smile.gif Carp are know to have high levels of mercury (most large fish species are.) so make sure you get them out of clean water before you do anything with them.

There used to be a law against releasing carp, but it was repealed back in the 50's or 60's. A lot of fishermen still think it is illegal to release carp and suckers though. It takes a lot of argument to disabuse them of that ridiculous notion.

I think I have herd that letting the big ones go is benificial, because if you take the big ones their will be many more small ones taking their place, stiring up the water. thats why the dnr doesn't net them anymore.

It is in the Regulation booklet:
Any fish that is caught and will not be utilized must be returned alive back to the water. A person cannot wantonly waste a fish that is caught by leaving it or any usable portion on the ice, thrown up on the bank, or intentionally killing it and returning it back into the water unless authorized.

Nels

Folks are right, eat 'em or release 'em but don't just kill 'em.

Someone asked about limit. They are continuous with no limit. Eat the mid sized fish, the big ones are full of mercury thanks to the coal industry.

Tony