• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to go this weekend?

I am thinking about going out and doing a little carpin' this weekend. Anybody have any good spots they would like to give up? How about a good bait to use? I think it is supposed to get a little cold saturday and sunday. Will the carp still bite in the cold?
I thought of a few spots... Round lake near phalen, Mississippi near downtown St. Paul, St Croix near stillwater. Has anybody been to these spots?
Any and all help would be great.
thanx,
Big Island Dude

Hit the Mississippi yesterday afternoon - 3 smaller males and lost an 8 lb'er. Bumped a few others as well. Seemed to be bitting light even though several were juming in the area I was in sunning themselves. Just corn, no crawlers available. Not sure what the forcast will do to 'em this weekend, but it'll be great for the next couple weeks. Sure do like the sunnier days.

I've caught two nice carp by accident this year in RedWing using jig n minnow. The first was about 20lbs -guessing - It was a big fish. And the other was about 8 or so.

Yup hit the river!