• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My arms are sore!

DTro

Thought I'd try a spot where last night I saw a kid catch a decent size carp. Went down there tonight and darn near caught one on every cast. Largest went about 12-15lbs all the way down to about 15". Average was about 5 lbs, and like I said almost EVERY CAST. I was using a small tube jig pink and white and plain white. Man what a blast! I was down there for about 2 hrs and can feel it in my arms, man those current carp can fight. I even got a bonus walleye. This spot is in the south metro and if any one would like to know where it is email me. [email protected].
I would share it here, but it is a pretty small area. smile.gif
You can drive right to it and there is parking. It would be an excellent place to take someone to learn how to fight a fish (kid or whomever). smile.gif

Yep those things are darn strong! I was down to the Roseau river last evening for a little shoreline Catfish action with a couple of kids. We got blanked on the Cats but 8yr old Devin landed a Carp of 12 to 14 pounds, his biggest fish ever! This fish hit a crawler on an 8lb rod we were using to catch Goldeye and Sucker for cutbait. We'll be hearing the tale of how he was nearly pulled into the river by this fish for quite a while I would think!!!!

Fisky