• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Caught my first buffalo yeterday...

I'm not quite sure of the exact location of that "beach" Ill avoid it best I can

Was the water any better than I described? When I was theere I didn't see any carp, did you fish for them? If there were carp there again I will probably head down tommorrow morning or early afternoon to see if I can catch a few.I went down to black dog on the minnesota today, but got skunked, I'd like to go back to the culvert and catch something!

Lunker we saw the carp while fishing along the shore not in the culvert. The water was exactly how you described it. The visiblity was only about 2-3 inches.

But about the carp. Where those big things are sticking out of the water(I dont really know what they are for) was were we saw all of the carp. We wernt fishing for them because we didnt have any corn.

Im trying to get my friends to go down there tomarrow but we havent decided if we are going to go yet.

------------------
Big D

If you go, good luck. I haven't decided whether I will give it a try or not. I wonder if the carp will bite in the colder water away from the culvert? If you go down without corn, there is usually a can of mine in that pipe next to the culvert although it might rot now with the warm weather, you are free to use it. I might go down, ill report on my luck if I do.

I wnet down to the culvert today, funny, I think the water coming out of there is colder than the river now. Cold air was coming out of it. Maybe that will be a good heat of summer spot. Some kids fishing there too, one snagged a quillback on a bass plug, and the other caught a bowfin with a plug. I got skunked there, got skunked at another spot, and got skunked at black dog.My car wouldn't start, and I fell down a hill and pulled a muscle in my back. I didn't have a good day for fishing!Oh well, better then workin(i called in sick this morning!)

I went down there on saturday and didnt catch much. 1 carp 4 or 5 sheephead. The fishing is starting to get really bad down there and the water is up about 5 feet from last weekend.

I also tried the spot were the minnehaha creek goes into the river down by the ford dam. Nothin. We didnt stay there long since the water was so much shallower than usual. Its down about 5 feet lower than I saw it all last year.

Might try one of those spots next weekend, and I will probably be down there alot since spring break starts.

------------------
Big D