• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Lakes in St Louis Park Area- Can YOU help?

vern

Hey English CarpMaster! You'll be very close to some excellent carp water. The Mpls. lakes all have big carp. I would try Calhoun and Harriet first. I've caught lots of big carp up to 20 lbs or more out of those lakes. I haven't fished the lakes for carp this year, but I've seen some big ones when I'm out in the boat. Lake of the Isles and Cedar are options too. They are both connected to Calhoun through a couple of channels. Shorefishing for carp has been a little harder the last few years because of the Eurasian milfoil. The foreign weed was accidently introduced into the lakes and has really choked up the shoreline. But you'll find some good spots. The rivers are another good option. This spring, I saw some huge carp downtown on the Mississippi River below St. Anthony Falls. They've got a new park down there with some parking spots right on the river. Good luck, Vern

I'm planning a Carp Fishing holiday (2003) to "The good ole U S of A". I'm staying in the St. Louis Park area of Minneapolis, can anyone tell me where i can go fishing for CARP!!!(big muthas!). Much appreciated. (If anyone wants any 'Tricks, Tips or Advice on carp fishing E-Mail me, i've been doing it for over 20 years!) Thanks!!!

------------------

I would give Lake of the Isles a try. I have always had success where 27th street hits the lake on the east side. There is a small concrete walk bridge over a culvert spillway. I have my best luck here about an hour before sunset to well after dark. I have caught several 30+ pound fish from this spot, and my largest at 42#.... If you ever want to see over 100 yards of line peeled off your reel in a hurry .. hook one of these big boys.