• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Fishing (no really)

jasonk

I have asked this question before and did not get many responses. Hopefully someone can help me out this time. I have heard there are some monster carp in Mille Lacs and I would like to try to tie into a few. Can anyone give me any location tips? I would like to fish from shore if possible. Thanks in advance.

jason i know a lot of spots up there.i have seen 50+lbs. i have a cabin up there on the south side. where do you live? call me
651-784-5175 after 3p.m

Jasonk,
I know of a really good spot but it must be fished from a boat. If you'd be willing to show me how to fish for them, I'd love to take you out there. It's something I've always wanted to do because I've heard what kind of fight they put up. Whadda ya say?

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

gull guide do you fish mille lacs lake much i have a place up there on the south side and want to get some people up there to do some big carp fishing. line or bow does not matter. let me know if you would want to do this and yes they put up a fight. keep talking any one else
mike

Jason;

Checkout the Carp/Non-gamefish forum, there are threads in there that are right up our ally! One guy talking about 50+ pounders!

Hi guys,

I like to bowfish for carp. Got into it last summer and had a blast. I would love to try Mille Lacs but have no idea where to go. I'm also involved in a bowfishing tournament this summer which begins May 1st. Payout is quite good. $1200 good! Anyone interested? I'd love to tag along on Mille Lac if anyone wants to go!

Gentlemen,

I would also like to throw in my name for a trip with anyone who has successfully fished specifically for carp in a large lake. Mille Lacs sounds a lot like what I saw on Clearwater, but I was never able to catch carp intentionally on that lake. If we can figure this out, there is a virtually unlimited supply of 20+ pound fish out there, and the potential for a new world record.

hi guys you want to go up there with some of us. who has boats and who does not. i have a couple boats that we could use. when i go up for opener i am going after that mn record!!! who wants to go sometime up there. give me a call guys and we will talk when we can get up there. lots of fun. so let me know who wants to go. yes i want to goin the bowfishing club. let me know what i have to do. thanks guys
ask for mike after 3 p.m
651-784-5175 weekdays

Thanks for all of the responses. A friend of mine from Holland stayed with me for a month last summer and showed me the European way to catch carp. Very effective, very fun, and very addicting. Unfortunately it works best from shore. It may work from a boat if it was calm enough. From what I have heard there are more than a few state records swimming around Mille Lacs and I would really like to have a go at them this summer. A carp over 20 pounds puts up a heck of a battle, I can't imagine hooking into one 40+. I am in the process of building a 12 foot carp rod right now. I can't wait to test it out. LundproV I will try to call you tonight. Gull guide I will respond to your link. As far a shooting them goes, I am a bowhunter but I think these big carp are too valuable to shoot. I know there are a ton of them out there, and in some cases they need to be thinned out, but catch a big one once and it may change your mind.