• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's here!!

Well look at this! I didn't think it'd happen but we got an official nongamefish board. So let's hear from you guys, there was a lot of carp talk in the other forums so lets keep em going here. Good fishin, LaVoi

I'm happy to see the new forum, but why the name "Carp/Non-gamefish"?

There are lots of fish I'd put in the "game" category, including carp and ciscoes.

I agree with Clayton...carp are just as beautiful as any other fish that pulls back when you set the hook (only they pull harder than most). How about "Carp & Other Gamefish".
FLB

Yes its here!!!!! That was fast. Hey how do you get to the Cold Spring dam? I went to try to find it today after I was done with class but I could not find the darn thing. I know how to get to Cold Springs but I could not find the darn dang dam.

Thanks
City Slicker

City-Slicker,
From Saint Cloud take HWY 23 west, take the first exits into downtown Cold Spring. The easiest way to find the dam is look for the Big Blue Granite company buildings. They sit right on the River and that is where the dam is. It is only 100 yards North of the Hwy 23 bridge. You can't miss it. Lots of parking, easy access, good fishing.

Went down to Cold Spring today, wasn't much biting. Me and my brother left early to go check out some spots on the Mississippi but ended up getting rear ended at a stop light in St. Cloud so that took too long to take care of to do any scouting. Looking to get back out Sat. to do some river fishing. Have any of you been out lately to any of the area spots to fish. Trying to decide where we should go on Sat, looking basically to catch anything that'll tug at the other end of the line. Good fishin, LaVoi