• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Sharpe Ice

Just got back from fishing Lake Sharpe. There is a good 8-10" of good clear ice. Fishing was pretty good also. We caught our 6 walleyes from 15 1/2"-18" with a few smaller ones released. We caught all fish but one jigging. Its a good thing we had our flashers with as most fish were coming through from 5-10' off the bottom. That probably explains why we didn't catch much on our tip-ups as they were only 6-12" off the bottom.

I was fishing in 22'. The only thing I can figure is the fish were feeding in the submerged trees we were fishing next to, and occasionally they would come out suspended and bite. I didn't mark any trees in the hole I was jigging in, but I drilled a hole 10' away and I was showing trees on the Vex from about 9' all the way down to about 17'.

Hey sloughshark. I would love to come to your neck of the woods and catch some hogs. Maybe we can hook up sometime and I can show you a thing or two about this hardwater fishin'. I have seen some of your posts and it doesn't sound like your too bad a hardwater fisherman yourself. Have you been out in the last few days?

work got in the way on sat, and sunday would have been tough in the gail force winds, so I watched football instead. Hit up Kampeska monday morning, darn it was a great day to fish, fished for a couple hours before work and managed three eyes and one tiny perch. The 'eyes' werent nothing great, average size was about 14-15 inches.