• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

1. rundrave

rundrave

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• My dad has a catalog you can get Carolina reaper seeds. 7.50 for 10 seeds. 55% germination. I know the way I grow leggy peppers from seed it would cost me 50 bucks to get a couple good plants. Hopefully I can find some plants this spring.
    • Haven't fished Centerville this year.  We usually target the Northerns in 8-10 feet with shiners and tip-ups
    • I remember the very high index around the 96/97 winter.  Actually that was the first I ever heard of it.  Made sense though. We were riding the NSST north of Silver Bay and one of our wrong turns brought us to two mountains of roadkill deer carcasses. The roads were the only means of travel for them. That was the deepest snow I ever encountered sledding. At one overlook I stepped off the side of the packed trail and went over waist deep, needed to grab the sled to climb back out.. The 3 sided log shelter at this spot only had a gopher hole in the snow to get down in it!   Hope Feb isn't a repeat of last year..
    • i've been watching this for 4-5 years now, maybe longer. back when the DNR cut back even some northern minnesota zones not have anterless drawings.
    • I don’t usually search out the WSI but have taken notice of it for years.  They usually start reporting it in Outdoor News when it starts getting bad.  I figured it was going to be high this year.  We’re just lucky it hasn’t been colder.   Still, I hope for the best for both mooses running around here. 😉
    • Just an interjection, if you have been following the issue of Moose vrs Deer in the NE Minnesota area.   You may now return to whatever you were going to say about deer and snow.    As I understand it, cold and snow can be hard on the deer population.    Although, judging from the evidence in the spring at our cabin it hasn't hurt much the past few years.   Anecdotal evidence and all that.
    • I didn’t realize we changed the subject
    • Naw this moose hunts deer in the arrowhead and the deer numbers have been for the last 5 years now. This winter could really hurt the herd
    • Since I Deer hunt and snowmobile I'm always a little torn when there's a lot of snow during a winter. 😐