• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for some good info on Angastora. We will be heading that direction this weekend and was wondering what to expect as far as depths and what works well in the early spring down there? thanks in advance!
CWEB

It's been a long, long time since I've fished that lake, but this time of year, a jig and minnow is a pretty good presentation. It's getting a little late to catch the walleyes in a good pre-spawn bite, but they could be around.

There are some traditional spring spots, but I imagine the lake is quite low due to 3-4 years of drought....its primary function is an irrigation reservoir, so the lake level always fluctuates. It's hard to tell where those traditional spots are now.....high and dry?

Look up a bait shop in Hot Springs or Rapid City for some good local info. And don't forget that the lake is also good for smallmouth and largemouth bass....this time of year check out some of the shallow, protected coves on the western shoreline.

Good luck.

I have only been down on that lake one other time and it was in the late summer. That lake seems to warm up pretty quick, so I was curious to see if they are moving deeper a lot sooner. Jig and a minnow...Al Lindner style, deadly anywhere.