• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waubay open

I guess in a week Waubat will be open. Mac's Bait Shop in Lake Preston said Lake Whitewood is ice free and Lake Thompson might be open for boats this weekend. Colder weather is forecast for the weekend with a chance of snow.

was up to Grenville yesterday,about 20 people fishing on the ice south of town,seen a few smaller northerns and eyes caught, the ice looked ok yet, from the boat ramp walk east about 50 yards and you can walk out, the rest of the lake is open about 20 ft from shore, going to be a while before you can get a boat on it...

Fished Waubay up at Grenville over the weekend. Ice is getting very bad. Needed about a 10' plank to get out there. Walleyes were biting like mad. 4 of us kept our 8 walleyes and 13 perch. I'm guessing we caught between 75-100 walleyes during the course of the day to get our 8 keepers. Lots of 15-15 1/2 inchers.

Wizard,

Water levels are down due to lack of run-off and rain the past two years.

I'd say that Waubay is down about 3-4ft. from previous high levels.

------------------
Chells