• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deskunking your dog

I know this has nothing to do with ice fishing, but I have to pass this along. My German Shorthair has found two skunks this year pheasant hunting. One was a minor hit and the second was a point blank shot of that blissful odor. I gave him a bath in the following mixture. My wife never knew he had been sprayed the first time. The second time, she could smell him, but he was still able to stay in the house.

1 quart hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tsp dishwashing liquid
wet dog and scrub with above mixture and rinse clean. IT really works.

WE need some cold weather to put a lid on the lakes.

Two years ago my dog got skunked in SD also. I got the same recipe from the vet in Platte and it REALLY worked good. For the dish soap I recommend "Lemon" scented. It seems to hide work a little better. After a good scrubbing we let the dog sleep in our hotel room, so you know it must work pretty well. Scott Steil