• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I was in Waubay from Wednesday the 8th through Sunday morning the 12th. Weather was bad, windy, snow, downpour, the whole works. Great fun for my first Waubay experience!! Out of the 4 days, Friday was by far the best (our only) fishing day. The wind died down where a guy could actually launch and fish. Morning, we found some active smaller fish in 20-25 ft off of a point (not sure the name) in the SW side of the lake. No keepers in the lot though. Tried Enemy Swim during the day for pans, nothing found. Back to Waubay for the evening bite and it was fabulous!! From 6:30 to 8:45 we must have boated 50 walleyes, only 5 keepers all 16-20" lots of 14-15 3/4"ers. What a blast! We found the best pattern we could do was a blue and white northland jig with a fathead, trolling very slow back and forth off the same point as we were at in the AM, but in 10-15'...key depth seeming to be 12'. I'm glad I bought my anual license, because I can't wait to come back in June...

-Good Fishin-