• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SD Fishermen, I need your help!

Found these reports on the web.

Mobridge -- "The smelt are about gone and some walleyes are being caught, but not many. A few northerns from 6 to 8 pounds, catfish to 5 pounds and smallmouth bass up to 2 pounds have been caught. We need warmer weather," said Janice Frailing at Bridge City Bait.

Akaska -- "The walleyes are not ready to go and they could start to spawn if the weather ever warms up. I think it will be two weeks before the fish break loose. We're just into May, not July, so we have to wait it out," said Jim Shantz at the Akaska Bait Shop.

Waubay lake-(Courtesy of Penny & Roy at Grenville Sport Mart, 1-605-486-4641) Fishing reports were good over the weekend. Alot of nice crappies, northerns, and some perch too being caught on Waubay. The Grenville grade will be shut off for ten days to all traffic. The boat ramps are still accessible. Road work should be completed by May 1st.

Hey guys, I have a few questions for anyone that has fished Lake Oahe lately. I am heading out there this weekend to "sharpen up" my skills for the Minnesopta opener.

My concern is that I have heard Lake Oahe is experiencing an above average smelt run this spring. Could anyone update the status of this run? We had planned to fish the Gettysburg area, but are now considering a spot further down river towards the Cheyenne or even another lake such as Waubay. I have been unable to locate any updated information on the web so I am turning to fellow anglers on this forum. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, good fishin!

Hawks