• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Fetch it Up" Retriever Training

I dont know about that facility...but I can tell you that my retriever was very easy to train..she was a natural I guess...the ninute she saw a gun she just seemed to know what was up...now if I could do something about the ball!

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

Have heard good things, only one small negative, was a mix up of expectations BEFORE the dog training ever started.

Dog trainings is all about the relationship between the handler and the dog. Take the time and do it yourself. IT WILL pay off later. Key in on the positive relationship with your dog. Don't dominate, work together and you will achieve great things. Read Mike Gould's Book "Training the Labrador Shooting Dog" it will change the way you think!

Now I am off my soap box..... Dan

Thanks for the info.
My dog lives to retrieve. If he can't find a ball or a bumber he'll go dig a small log out of the wood pile behind the garage and bring it to me. He was already a year old by the time I got him and he had never been on a leash and he hadn't had any obedience training at all. It’s been a year now and he is much better. His obedience isn’t where I’d like it to be, but that’s more my fault than his.
I have Mike Gould's book and I have read most of it. I agree it's a great book. As I recall he really emphasized getting the dog on birds as often as possible to get the dog "birdy". The problem for me is I live in the suburbs and releasing birds or firing a gun in my yard might be frowned upon by my neighbors. "Fetch it up" appealed to me because they train me to train my dog, and they also offer birds, guns, and the space to use them.

[This message has been edited by metrojoe (edited 04-30-2003).]