• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garage winch

Schubie

My boat is 8'6" at the tires. Add fenders and it gets tight going into a 9 foot door. I'm thinking of using a remote control winch to use to back the trailer into the garage. It is not a straight shot but it can be done by truck with spotters. But I want to do this by myself if I can. Have any of you tried this or have any ideas as to if this will work? How would you mount it?

Thanks for all input.

Schubie

We have something along the sames lines at our shop for pulling totes out of semi trailers.

If I were you I would use the concrete floor as your anchor, not the wood framed wall. In case something were to get bound up.

Thank you for the replies. I think I would attach with a harness to the tie down loops on trailer or boat. I will look at northern tool. Really want a complete remote not a tethered unit.

Imwant something simple and easy to use.

Schubie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.