• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Re: wildlife, what subjects do you still wish to photograph?

Over the course of several years of shooting wildlife, there are just a few subjects in their natural habitat I still would love to have before I get too old to shoot. smile This is wildlife not uncommon to my area. The only 2 critters I have yet to shoot are a skunk and a coyote. I have fox, otter, mink, deer, raccoon, muskrat and opossum but the other 2 I rarely see even though they are in the area. The only 2 birds missing from my portfolio, at least the only 2 I can think of are a Common Yellow throat and a Kestrel. Yellow throats keep them selves really well hidden in the weeds and the only Kestrels I see are either in flight or on a wire. I did just realize the other day that I don't have a photo of a Starling. shocked I guess my dislike of the dirty birds has kept me from wanting a photo. A behavioral shot I'd really like someday is "kissing Cardinals". This is when the male hands off a seed to the female. I've seen it a handful of times but I either didn't have the camera ready or I was too slow. frown

Anybody else have these kind of goals?

You're describing a bucket list of sorts, sure I am always on the look out for mammals or birds I haven't got a picture of yet or a better picture of an animal I already have. I don't have have moose, black bear, wolves, lynx, fisher, martin, weasel, and bobcat. I've seen several of these animals but not with a camera in hand. I've just got started with photography with only a few years under my belt so I am hoping I have many more years to capture opportunities with wildlife. At this point my lists continue to grow faster than I can fill it. I don't know that I will ever fill the bucket (a seemingly always expanding list) but I know I will enjoy trying. Good luck on your quest!

If I lived way up north like you evidently do Sturg, I'm sure my bucket list would be much larger and more of a challenge to fill. I'd sure give it a good try though. I've got about 6 years left to fill it before I head north to retire, just not as far north as the moose, lynx and bobcat roam, but far enough to find a few different species.

Mn Shutterbug, I don't live up north but I do take my camera when I travel up north. I often enjoy fishing and hunting and I carry my camera with me because you never know when the next opportunity will present itself. I also like to spend free time where ever I am looking for wildlife or great scenery. With the early sunrise times in late spring and summer I will often go for a drive or short hike before work in local wildlife areas near my home. Animals and birds are quite active in the first couple of hours after sunrise and the light can be fabulous.

Good luck on your list! May the light be with you smile