• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

motor bogging down

LindellProStaf

This does this every single time?

Have you tried pushing the key in (giving it a quick shot of gas)?

Have you gone through the carburetor synchronizing steps?

You can also try hooking up a timing light to each plug wire and watch the light to see if it goes out while advancing the throttle.

Yep.. I agree!

marine_man

B.O.A.T = Bet On Another Thousand. Good luck1

I'm going to be bringing my motor in again for a new issue. I can see if they have the old receipt to get what part went bad when I had that behavior.

My 150 Merc had a sort of similar issue 2 years ago. After checking fuel line, bulb, fuel filter, it would up being the needle valve in the secondary fuel pump. I couldn't have done that on my own. Good luck, let us know what it winds up being.

Ok finally getting back to all of you.  Just getting healed from rotator cuff surgery and back on the water.  I took all 3 carbs off and cleaned them up again.  Even stuck a small wire into each hole and sprayed with carb cleaner.  Put in the river.  Started great,  Idled great.  When I accelerated it starts plowing water to get on plane and won't go any faster. So nothing changed.  Here is another thought.  When I go to start there is the beep for a second or two.  Well last year that kept beeping.  I think it is the hot alarm.  The water peeing out is not hot so I just unplugged that wire on the starboard side of my cowling where all of the wires are to shut the beeper off.  Must be a faulty sending unit.  I believe it is the beige wire.  Could that be telling my motor it is hot and that is not allowing it to speed up?  Like a default thing?

Marine_Man  I hit the choke or try to pump the bulb and nothing changes.  I am using a 6 gallon tank now to eliminate bad fuel issues in the built in tank.  I have not synched carbs or used a timing light yet.  

I am just about  ready to bite the bullet and bring in to the Marine Dealer here.