• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Major League Fishing

CCGinMN

Last week they aired an episode where Scott Suggs won using a small chatterbait. Did anyone happen to catch the brand of chatterbait he was using? It looked more compact than my Zmans. I'm looking for a good, compact chatterbait. Any help would be appreciated, thx.

Three years ago I got my butt kicked on Cedar by a team throwing Zman chatterbaits. They additionally caught four nice walleyes using this technique. Just when I thought: I'm never going to put this jig down, this had to go and happen. After that I bought a rod specifically for chatterbaits that stayed on my deck for dirty water lakes, although I rarely used it. Anyways, I would like to throw it a bit more this year.

I am in SW IL near StL and fish the small 1/4 oz chatterbait a lot, especially in very cold water early in spring. Take the skirt off and replace it with a 3-4" paddletail plastic and it is dynamite. Sassy shad works great, as does a Ripple Shad. Steady retrieve and every few cranks, just hesitate for a split second. Open the hook just a little and be sure to sharpen it, too!