• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

buzzbaits?

fishin4life90

What do you mean by, "on their sides"? Buzzbaits are intended as a top-water bait, and they will generally ride somewhat sideways on top of the water. Buzzbaits are working well right now.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Guided Ice Fishing and More...

I always buy buzzbaits that have the little red bead above the buzzer. I make sure to bust that off. Than I will bend my blade towards the hook so it almost touches. So it just barely clears. That makes the bait stay at the top easier and also you don't get any little weeds wrapped in between the blade and the red bead. I also make sure that my blade and hook/skirt are parallel. Like Matt said buzzers are hot right now and will catch you some big fish!
Rob
------------------

[This message has been edited by panolo (edited 09-27-2004).]

buzzbaits are HOT right now and will only get better! i would also second what del said. i think you may have been reeling to fast. this weekend i was fishing buzzbaits and did very well when retrieved slowly. i reeled just fast enough to keep it above the surface.