• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1990 Lund WC 14 leaking at the seam

Hookmaster

I just bought this boat for duck hunting. It is leaking in the seam between the floor and the side where the double rivets are. It looks like the material that is between the overlapping aluminum pieces has deteriorated and letting water in. Is there some kind of sealer that is fairly fluid that would flow into this seam and then set up? Otherwise what are the recommended ways to seal this seam?

I redo lots of Lunds and the WC and SSV are my favorites.If theres no damage in the area,I dont know what you mean by floor and side?Thats 14ft of floor and side on the keel.Anyway the gasket in there seldom deterorites without some kind of dents or damage.Just get the rivets tightened.Cheap fix for you with a 10-15 dollar pneumatic hammer chisel set, then buy a rivet set they cost 6-8 bucks. a two person job one inside with a oak block one outside with a 3/16 braizer rivet set.You can get the rivet set from?? Klassic tool crib.Or PM me we can repair it at my place for a small charge.

I hope this post is legal here>Me offering my services?

Lots of good sense in that post. Fix it or get it fixed and you'll have a nice useful little boat for a long time. We have a 14W /(wide) Lund that is so old we don't know how old it is-former resort boat- and most of the rivets have been redone. The boat does not leak a DROP, is easy to trailer around for little lakes, rows easily and with a 35lb.thrust electric provides a nice day of fishing at little cost.

Of course we have some big smokin' hot blazing fast OTHER boats we used for our big time fishing expeditions.