• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Progress?

Driftless

progress_zps733997cb.jpg

Many years ago my father showed me this old bridge ruins hole. It has always produced for me through the years. I remember a big fat 18 incher the first time I fished it back in 1966.

Through the years I have shared my excellent hole with many folks.

gs54_zpsc39f5374.jpg

John Armstrong caught this nice early season brown on a thin mint in this wonderful hole.

Last year I saw some construction equipment out in the field near the hole. It was the WDNR and they were "fixing" the stream on request of the landowner.

Earlier this year I limped out to this hole and it nearly made me cry. The fixing entailed taking every tree off the bank and putting in giant boulders and lots of loose gravel.

I sent a friend to fish it yesterday and the boulders have been silted in and the hole no longer exists.

Good job fixing this stream "NOT"

I remember when the DNR 'fixed' our duck slough connected to the DesMoines. Made it better for a year and then the badly designed dike they installed erroded away and now for the last 15 years it's been DRY and they have not repaired their damage.

It was nothing short of the best duck hunting i've ever experienced prior to the 'fix'. Now, It's dry unless the desMoines floods.

Good photos Ken. Sorry to hear about the trout stream. Losing habitat sucks.