• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seen a review on these 1911's in 22 TCM the other day on one of the gun t.v. shows. Looks like a pretty cool round, just wondering if anyone out there has one and what do you think. I understand there is only one manufacturer to get ammo from but I dont shoot a whole lot so that's not an issue.

Only one manufacturer of the ammo is correct. Armscor which is the maker of the gun (Rock Island). Its a great gun. It shoots really well and is accurate. I believe this was developed as Armscor's answer to the 5.7x28. My dad has one of these. Plus it comes with a 9mm barrel. I believe you just swap the barrel out. My dad has gotten most of his ammo from Little Crow Sports in Hutch and The General Store in Osakis. Id be willing to bet that if the retailer sells the gun, they may have ammo for it. I dont think you will be dissapointed.

I would have to ask the ol man again, but I know he did have some problems with it and it went to Armscor for warranty repair. I think he was having problems with ejection and feeding. It only took a couple of weeks to get it back from them. Armscor is also releasing a bolt action rifle in this caliber, supposedly sometime this year. They were supposed to come out last year, but a natural disaster of sort ruined the wood for the stocks. So that bumped them back a year.

Both the pistol and rifle are offered now. And from the research i seen online and a couple vid's on U tube it sounds like the ejection and feed problem is common and had something to do with the magazine to fact it needed to either just be shot more in order to wear things in or to have a slight adjustment made. I think the mag is actually designed for a similar round but not specifically for the 22 TCM so there was a little adjustment needed.