• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rewiring my boat

Does anyone know anyone in the west metro that is willing to rewire my boat?

It's a 96 Skeeter 20 ft.

At times my power will cut out, pause before turning on or just turn on a couple of things. I'm at the point I just want to rerun all the wiring so I know it's done correctly but I have very little if any knowledge of electrical things.

I'm sure there are shops that would love to charge a large amount of money to do this but I thought maybe I could find someone that does this on the side.

Can't help you with where to go in the west metro area but I have owned several boats and have never had to have them re-wired. Sounds like you need someone to diagnose (sp??) what the problem is before moving forward. I looked under my dash and I would not want to tackle that project.

It's most likely just a bad connection or two, either corroded or loose. No need to re-wire the entire boat. You probably have a breaker or fuse panel supplied by one main wire from the battery. That is what I would check first.

Ask these questions:

1. When the problem shows up, does ALL the power go out?

2. At night do the lights go bright then dim?

3. Do some accessories work when others do not?

4. Is the problem consistently the same issue?

Basic troubleshooting consists of splitting the circuit in half and looking for the half circuit with the problem, then repeating the process until you isolate the culprit.

Ps. How's that rig running these days?