• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Setting up kids bow

BoxMN

Hi all, just quick question before I take kids Vortex bow into a real bow setup guy smile

I set it up and it is hitting dead on at 10 yards yards, in the middle of target, but using the bottom pin. The sight is all the way DOWN. I cannot go any lower. Meaning the top two pins are useless to even try to get longer pins set, as they just hit too low. Granted, the sight is pretty carppy.

It is set at I think 21" and 27#. I used a nock square when setting nock and also installed a whisker bisquick rest. It all seems set up right, but was my first time so I must have messed it up some. I followed directions I saw and read online, with the nock like 1/16th above the square.

Granted the arrows are all still full length, I did not get them cut off, and the poundage is sort of low, but how do adjust nock or the rest (it doesn't really allow raising it at all) to try to make it so the sight has more adjustment down?

I know, I should take it in, but want to try this on my own first. Oh yeah, I do not have the peep installed yet, got to get serving thread. Thanks for any advice. Also (yep one more question) my granddaughter wants to use her fingers instead of a release. Should we just let her and encourage her to get good with fingers, or try to get her to accept the release? Thnx again.

DonBo I know I should head out there, but with her soccer it is tough right now to get much time - but I will try, I think she will really like it. Grandson wants a bow now for his birthday, so more are coming around. smile

Getting more yardage out of the sight might just be as simple as changing her anchor point.

If she wants to shoot fingers and feels more comfortable and confident doing so, let her. She'll let you know when she's ready to step up to a release.