• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rush River Report

JBMasterAngler

Fished Pine Creek and Rush River for the 1st time today. Probably saw more trout swimming around today than I've ever seen! Unfortunately they weren't too interested in spinners. Day started with me ripping a hole in the ankle area of my boot mad so that took care of doing much wading...still ended up with a very soggy foot. Both Pine and Rush provided a lot more fishable waters than I had expected. Caught my 1st ever tiger trout out of Pine, then caught 2 brownies and a brookie out of Rush. Can't wait to go back!

full-18303-44999-20140426_075215.jpg

full-18303-45000-20140426_123519.jpg

I was very surprised to catch the tiger. Not that I knew anything about pine creek to begin with, but all I had heard about was how many brook trout are in the creek, never heard a peep of brownies being in there. Would be a very nice creek to introduce my kids to trout fishing smile

This is my 1st year trout fishing in WI, and the previous two weekends I had fished the "kinni", and had proclaimed that as my favorite trout stream! Not anymore! The rush is awesome! Now I just have to figure out when I can get back there!

Sounds fun. I should give it a try. Was turkey hunting down there this past week, just west of 63. Took a spin yesterday on that road that goes from 63 and ends up south of the Red Barn. That one bridge over the river had a bunch of cars parked near it. Nice area. Good Luck.

Yeah, every spot I stopped at on the rush had at least 3 or 4 cars parked. But there is so much available river to fish (which I didn't know), I pretty much had every stop to myself. I got to talk to a bunch of guys from stop to stop and got some good tips.

Enjoyed a good morning on the Rush today. Brookies were poppin' early. Things slowed a bit when the sun got higher. Ended up with 7 brookies and 4 brown trout. Biggest was 13 inches, lost a couple that could've been around 15. Tore apart my hip boots walking through the brush, luckily it was a hot day, so I didn't mind the leak crazy

Hit the river super early today thinking there would be people galore on the river. Surprisingly there wasn't many people on the river at all shocked Caught 3 brownies and a little brookie. All 4 fish were caught in the 1st place I stopped at, so the rest of the day was slow going. Rebel craw got a lot of attention...which made sense, there were little crayfish darting around everywhere. Also seen the biggest garter snake ever! Freaked me out for a second because I'ver never seen one remotely close to that size before. Got to see a family of deer playing in the water just downstream from one of the pools I was fishing. Also chit chatted a little with some people riding their horses along the river. So, despite the slow action, was a very nice day to be out!

Went out there with my 3 year old son just to goof around a little on saturday. Didn't bring much for gear. Luckily it was hot out, because the river is a little chilly to be walking around in sandals eek Only fished 1 spot out of Martel. Caught a nice fat 14 inch brown and a tiny brookie. Had a few strikes and saw lot's of other trout swimming around.