• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bowfishing point

Holly wow!!!

I picked up an arrow and point today for my new bowfishing bow. I have used many of the top of the line arrows in the past and have several of the fiberglass/aluminum laminated ones. Recently I changed to the carbon/glass yellow jacket shafts as they fly better from my recurve. (the yellow ones with the black stripes). And have always used the muzzy tournament points. There are various incarnations but we have all seen or used that point.

Yesterday however I talked myself into the AMS 3barb grapple point. It looks sweet! the plusses of the sting-a-ree (stingray depeding on who is selling it) but short and to the point like the tourney points.

Anyone here used this one before? What did you think of it? I am not looking forward to having to pull it out of the grass when shore fishing, but it will pair nicely with a retriever and the new/used Oneida. And hopefully less of the tear offs I have had in the past.

I dislike the points that have to screw off,To many problems! The duel bladed one with the cup to hold the barbs down is my favorite style.

To many times I needed a pliars to remove a tip,Then in a dark area slimy tip gets dropped.Not for me! I been doing this since 1961 and fixed barbs with screw offs!

Hmmmm... Guess I didn't realize the tip had to be completely frown

Figured a full turn and flop off like the old muzzy tourney points. Just another example of over thinking meets over engineering. Add in a little ohh shinny and it makes for $18 sitting in the bottom of the boat or back of the truck while seething else gets used.