• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

plastic worms

fishman50

That's a good question.. I fish mainly 6-7" worms but have used 10", mainly to keep the sunfish from attacking it. In those lakes with a lot of sunnies and small bass, it may help keeping those fish from chasing and give the bass more of an opportunity to take the bait... That is sort of what I was thinking anyway... I don't think the 10" will scare too many bass above 1 lb. away, at least not when they are actively feeding... bass have eyes much bigger than their stomachs from what I have seen... I've had them as pets in aquariums and ponds growing up as a kid and it is just amazing how much they can eat for their size...

After getting a quick lesson from Duffman boating a 5 pounder on the 10" worm I soon added them to my arsenal. they are now my favorite size worm to fish. another great way to fish these is with no weight or just the inserted hook weights. I think the bass get to used to seeing the fast drop of Texas/Carolina/Florida rig. the slow drop in heavy cover seems to drive them nuts!!

There is nothing like the 10 and 12 inchers. Go with the 5/0 hooks. You can simulate a gardner snake in the shallow areas and get huge strikes.