• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smallies

I see a lot of smallmouths in the shallows around spawning beds during spring. How long into the season will they stay there and where do they go in the beginning of summer? What are some good ways to catch them? Thank you

lake or river?

Bass are a shallow species in general, so try shallow and if nothing go deeper like first drop off. Smallies love rocks, logs, reeds, or whatever cover is there. I'm sure during mid summer they may suspend over rocks humps or deep points.

I use largemouth lures all the time. Tubes, grubs, spinner baits, cranks, topwater, etc.. (maybe down size a tad)

For some odd reason smallies like chartruse (spelling) but switch it up cause you never know what they might want.

I just fish for fun - wkend warrior