• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tubes?

RandyFish

Black,

But how are you going to fish those tubes. Flip them under docks, work them across weed tops like a sluggo, jig them on the weed edges in a more vertical presentation?

Personally, if the weather is nice, I was going to work small sluggos across the top of potetial bedding and staging areas, going deep if there are no hits and weeds allow it.

If that doesn't work, spinner bait em to death.

I would work the tubes along weededges around docks yep. I am going to use the craw tubes as last year they murdered 'em. I am also going to use the storm 4" swim baits by storm. I have been using them for northerns and I have ended up catching as many bass. I tried working the swimbait like a jig hopping and dragging it very verrrry slowly, stitching it and stripping the line in like flyfishing twitching the bait on the bottom and BAM the bass loved it! (just experimenting). The colour patterns that worked quite well were red shat for tubes and red craw (storm craw tubes).
God lyk!
JC

"The buggles were prophets"

[This message has been edited by Blackstarluver (edited 05-22-2003).]

last year I murdered them on 4 inch wild thangs by strike king. They went absolutly nuts on them! If they tailed off on the wild thang I would switch to a Senko.

Got an aprox. 4#er on sat. She would've gone 5 but her belly was really loose. I could have caught her on a softball! But a red Storm craw tube jumped and dragged was her death knell(just kidding CPRed her. Caught lots of other bass on the craw and the salt and pepper salad spoon dragged across the surface and let fall twitch fall 'til they bite.
God lyk!
JC

All my fish came with tubes this weekend. 3" white tubes texas rigged. We were up north, in streams between lakes, flipping them under floating peat, logs, emerging pads, and rocks. The bite was pretty slow, but we managed about a dozen bass and a couple of pike.