• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Miltona

fishman50

Hey fishman50,
My family and I vacationed on Miltona in August the last few years and due to time limitations (small kids need watching) the only fishing I could do was for largemouth bass in the morning. I fished mostly the east 1/3 of the lake primarily with tournament frogs, and occasionally buzzbaits and spinnerbaits. In the far SE corner are some pads and then bullrush stands to the west. Start at the pads and work your way into the bullrushes and go around the point. I always had some blowups in that area. The whole lake has bullrush stands. The better ones will have deep water nearby and will not be as thick as dog hair. The west side by Country Bay resort is good too. I am not a bass fishing expert but I would fish the emerging bullrushes with a topwater or a bottom lure like a jig-n-pig or a texas-rigged worm. My bro-inlaw would fish a texas rigged worm in the bull rushes while I fished a top water frog and he would outfish me 3 to 1. The lake has a lot of cabbage beds which could be productive as well. I've never fished or caught a smallie in Miltona but I have friends who have caught them while Muskie fishing. Find some rocks and you have a shot at a smallie. Hope this helps.
gspman

Miltona, what a great lake a spend a good amount of time on this body of water filled with beautiful humps, point, turn, holes ect. This is one of my favorite lakes to guide on because of the number of fish. I primarily fish the weed line from 8-22 feet throwning mostly jigs.

I love going ou there cause you will most likely hook yourself a good size muskie and lots of bass throwing a jig at am.

The shallower water is also productive but you can do both or pick your poison.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work