• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quantum PTI

bronzeback01

I've been looking at the new Quantum Catalyst PTI 10 size reel. I love it, but am curious as to if anyone else has used one? Pros-cons? I want to make sure it is a good reel before shelling out the $90 for a lite-weight reel.

Bronzeback01, the size 10 just came out this year. The PTi reels have been out for 2 years and have many of the features first
seen on the response reels, titaniun bail,no bail springs I've fished the response reels from the time they came out without problem. Ive fished the PTi 20 and 30's for 2 years now. My dock rod is a PTi20 with 30 pound power-pro. A short rod 5'6' med/heavy with heavy hook sets and short line fights, the reel held up great, no problems on any of my PT reels, spinning or casting. And the nice thing about the PTi/10 is that it's small enough to switch over to a good ice fishing stick and you will have a great ice combo.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com