• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sleeper House on Devils Lake...Need Help

Hello,

I am going to be coming up to Devils lake this week Thursday and will be pulling up a new 26’ Ice castle fish house. I have a few questions for you as I want to make the most out of this trip as possible. First off how is the snow situation on the lake? Back home we have a ton of snow and getting around with this rig just isn’t possible. Also are there a couple different accesses that will allow this rig to get onto the lake? As far as fishing, I was thinking to set the big house up on some structure for evening/night/morning walleye. What would a typical spot consist of, not asking for where(of course that would be great) but more of what I should be looking for, I have a map chip with my locator set up in my truck so I will be able to find some spots just want to know what I should be looking for. Now for the real reason we are coming up, the perch….I have been doing a lot of reading so far and it looks like they are going deep…are these fish just constanly roaming out in the main basin of the lake? Or should I bee looking for some kind of structure relating schools of perch? I am under the assumption that I should be drilling a tond of hole over a large area in the main lake and hop to contact some fish…I am completely fine with doing this but would like some tips that could maybe narrow down my search time…..Again I just am pulling for some loacal knowledge and hoping you can get back to me with some information…

Thanks

Thanks for the response, I have already sent some emails out to Woodland as well, hopefully we can work something out with them....Back to the perch fishing....when looking at a lake map, do you start in the middle of the bays....6-mils and Creel bay both looks to have deep water in the middle of them, or does one just go out into the main lake and start drilling around....I dont like to fish by other people so I am going to be avoiding people....Thanks for the help...