• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kodiak shocks

#Boater#

After a little riding this weekend (giving a 2yr old and a 5 yr old rides around the yard) I hear this clunking in the front end. After checking it out, it turns out the rt front shock is broke. Never hit anything, very light riding. The thing snapped right above the lower bolt mount spraying oil all over the a-arms and brake. Have others had this problem? Is it common on all models or just Yamaha's? It seems to have froze up cuz I cannot push the shock in at all. Needless to say a new one is $158.00. Found a used one for $40.00.

I dont think thats common on any model.. sounds like a fluke to me. My Kodiak suspension goes through extremes and I have never had a problem. We haul our 3 year old all the time on our too.

I'm sure the company that supplies the shocks for Yamaha supplies many other ATV manufacturers with theirs too. It could have been on anything.